Sunday, February 22nd, 2009
Gill Creel, Minneapolis CC
Shows an example of wehat he used to use for a course web page. Realized that textbook prices are going up, up, up and everything is online anyway.
- no more static webpages
- no more textbooks
- Uses it to respond to papers!
- “Talk faster then I can write. And since I have 40 papers to respond to…”
- Can even make them small enough to email.
Blogger and RSS
- Pulls blogger into LMS with google gadget.
- Or, use an iframe.
Does anyone else think that the Minneapolis Community and Technical College logo looks like the Burning Man logo?
OK – maybe it is just me.
Now back to regularly scheduled program.
- Used digo, but does not seem to be able to recommend it. Looks like it has a lot of promised features, but they don’t always work.
- To create trails across webpages.
- Seems like a good idea, but would not load during presentation :(
- Creative commons – best place for free photos.
- Use agenda tab!
- can be embed in LMS.
- Simple wiki – works well
- Get them to use plain english!
- Online meeting software – synchronous chat (voice!)
- Seems to work well.
- Chat can be recorded!
- Oh wait, it costs three dollar signs ($$$)!
- Form creator