Monday, October 11th, 2010
Director of Marketing Services, John Carroll University
Let’s play ” find the WP site” – oh, wait they all are!
Full university web sites?
Allegheny – 151 sites and 104 users (soon to grow)
John Carroll – Just launched. 27 sites, 35 users.
Must have plugins (for a CMS)
- Amazon S3 – all media stored on amazon. You only pay for what you use.
- Breadcrumb NavXT – very customizable
- User role editor – customizable rolls (We use this)
- WP Touch – whole site becomes mobile friendly.
- Automatic Backup – send backups to amazon.
Custom Post Types
- Taters post type? Used for graphics? An interesting way to allow customization.
LMS in WordPress?
Rock on! “ScholarPress” builds on BuddyPress.
Looks very similar to other services.
CUNY Academic Commons – check that out!
Social Network in a box
buddypress – nuff said.
Jobs and volunteer opportunities. They use Job Press ($79).
Nice free service for students.
GigPress (we have used this)
Bug and Ticket Tracking
OK, now were just getting crazy.
“Quality Control” Theme…. That does look nice. Though only for a small team – can’t assign tasks.
Create a book
Anthologize – this could be used to archive our history. Maybe. At the least, it is a great way to archive and print out all your posts. Outputs to great formats.
Rackspace and he is very happy with it.