Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
- Aaron Maturen – Saginaw Valley State University
Location: Pavilion Ballroom East
- Data is messy.
- Data is confusing.
- Data is everywhere.
- a JSON object must be the root of every page…
- Plural v Singular.
- Always use Plural /persons/23/
Custom error pages:
- Make error codes – not just error messages.
If you need to protect your data (from spammers etc)
- Or, 2-way hash.
- Pass through current number + link to next…
- Or, say “here are 12 things, there might be 12 more on next page”. When you get less then 12 you know you are at the end.
What can we do with all this?
- Course lookup
- Employee directory
- Student voting
- Grant logging
- Healthy activity incentive program
Allow students to write apps.
Someone used the last login per router to track IT staff!