Last updated: Tuesday, March 12th, 2013
- Gabriel Nagmay
- Web Professional. Preferably in an higher education environment.
- Standards based web design for universal accessibility (W3C, WCAG, ADA, Usability testing)
- Server side web development (Coldfusion, PHP, Perl, XSLT, SQL)
- Application programming (C, C++, Assembly, Prolog, Java, GUI design)
- Customizing and maintaining vendor software (WordPress, Drupal, Confluence)
- API integration (Maps, Photos, Analytics, Video, Social)
- Interactive multi-media development (Flash ActionScript, HTML5 Animation)
- Photography and graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Portland State University: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Benson Polytechnic High School: Electrical Engineering major, Graduated with high honors
Over 12 years experience working in higher ed:
Web Analyst, Portland Community College
2013 – Present
Accomplishments to be announced…
Web Designer, Portland Community College
2005 – 2013
Responsible for overseeing the development and maintenance of the main and affiliated college websites. Collaborated with employees from multiple facets of the college. Designed, developed and maintained multi-user sites built on application platforms and utilizing multiple data sources. www.pcc.edu, 50th.pcc.edu, blogs.pcc.edu, news.pcc.edu, artbeat.pcc.edu, africanfilmfestival.org, my.pcc.edu and others.
Web Designer, PCC Distance Education
2004 – 2005
Responsible for all site related maintenance of departmental web pages and databases. distance.pcc.edu
Portland State, University Studies Graduate Level Mentor
2002 – 2004
Requested to return to the program in a position usually reserved for Portland State graduate students. Worked with a new faculty partner each term to deliver sophomore level college courses. Responsibilities expanded to include: decisions concerning course material, independent classroom facilitation, technology workshops and assignment grading.
Assistant Web Developer, PCC Distance Education
2000 – 2003
Assisted with the design, production and maintenance of Distance Education web sites and services. Worked closely with both the distance faculty and staff. Major roles in the design and development of the Online Orientation, DistanceHQ staff site, and the new Distance Education site, which went live October of 2002. distance.pcc.edu
Portland State, University Studies Peer Mentor
2000 – 2002
Partnered with a faculty member to deliver yearlong, freshman level college courses. Peer mentors in the University Studies program are responsible for many tasks including the preparation and independent teaching of the course for at least 6 hours every week.
Occasional freelance work to hone my skills:
Portfolio website for a professional hiker based in Portland, OR. linthikes.com
2009 – Present
Custom e-commerce site for a local bicycle company that has received international attention. The site commands high traffic due to being featured in magazines (Wired, Momentum), television (OPB, Discovery), radio (NPR) and the web (TreeHugger, Gizmodo, FARK). metrofiets.com
Portfolio site for an artist and leading art fabricator located in the Pacific NW. jamesschmidtsculpture.com
Informational website for a large wedding. The site provided an introduction to the Portland area, as well as contact information for services regarding the event.
Glass Roots Innovations
2002 – 2003
Contracted to design, construct and maintain a dynamic e-commerce site. The final product, built in PHP, allowed the business owners to maintain a continually changing catalog of items.
- 2012: Speaker at HighEdWeb conference in Milwaukee, WI
- 2010: Speaker at NCMPR conference in Bend, OR
- 2010: Speaker at HighEdWeb conference in, Cincinnati, OH
- 2009: Speaker at ITC Conference: eLearning 2009 in Portland, OR
- 2008: Speaker at HighEdWeb conference in Springfield, MO. Awarded Best in Track.
- 2007: Speaker at HighEdWeb conference in Rochester, NY
- 2005: Completion of 2600mi. Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail, Created journal site: www.TrailB.com
- 2004: Developed several OSS applications including digital photography batch-editing.
- 1999-2003: Watershed restoration volunteer.
- 1998: VICA state competition, 2nd place Electrical Engineering
- 1994: Pacific Crest Outward Bound program, Survival and leadership experience