Backyard wine update

Sunday, November 2nd, 2008

It has been just over 2 weeks since Jamie and I spent the day picking grapes.

The buckets were kept upstairs where the ambient temperature was warmer. Each day, I would open the buckets and punch down the pomace that had risen to the top of the must. At first, the whole room smelled like bread+rotten fruit (sorry ’bout that sam). As the fermentation began to slow, the aroma turned fruity+alcoholic.

Yesterday, I finally got my hands on the carboys. Racking the wine this first time took forever. Grape skins and seeds kep getting stuck in the siphon. I should have strained it first.

Leave a Reply

You know you want to...