Wednesday, October 28th, 2009
Download the file from wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-preview/
Where credit is due: This plugin is just an updated/modified/simplified version of Public Post Preview 1.3 by Matt Martz and Jonathan Dingman
Have you ever been writing a post with the help of someone who does not have access to your blog and needed to give them the ability to preview it before publishing? This plugin takes care of that by generating a simple URL that can be given out for public preview.
Where credit is due: This plugin is a updated/modified/simplified version of Public Post Preview 1.3 by Matt Martz and Jonathan Dingman
1. Completely removed the use of “nonce” variable. Posts marked preview are now accessible by multiple anonymous users. There is no longer a 24hr time limit.
1. Public_Post_Preview used the option variable as an array to store preview state – genius! However, it’s use seemed backwards with an empty item == preview true. This logic was reversed so: simple_array[,,true,,true] now means that p=1 and p=4 have previews. This also allows for the preview to be turned off by default.
1. Removed extra variables for a cleaner URI: http://www.yourblog.com/?p=1502&preview=true
1. Upload the `simple-preview` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory or install directly through the plugin installer.
1. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress or by using the link provided by the plugin installer