Tuesday, February 8th, 2011
Just received the audience feedback from my 2010 HighEdWeb presentation and wanted to share. Thanks again to everyone who attended!
Looks like I scored above average for both my track and the overall conference – nice! In fact, the numbers give me an average score of 6.52. This is higher then the 6.44 I scored in 2008, when I won the “best in track award”. Just goes to show how much stiffer the competition was this year.
|Informed||6.39 +/- 0.85||6.50 +/- 0.79||6.89 +/- 0.37|
|Delivery||5.92 +/- 1.22||5.90 +/- 1.17||6.53 +/- 0.84|
|Visual||5.83 +/- 1.28||5.73 +/- 1.32||6.32 +/- 0.97|
|Relevant||5.73 +/- 1.32||5.72 +/- 1.36||6.35 +/- 1.09|
|Worth it||5.80 +/- 1.37||5.81 +/- 1.38||6.50 +/- 0.90|
These are all unedited:
- Excellent speaker. Great topic that is very timely and useful. It was not overly technical and very user friendly. This should receive a red stapler. I will be borrowing many of the items from this presentation.
- Good presentation! Has good experience with leveraging the technologies.
- I was hoping on going over API building.
- Absolutely awesome. Very applicable. Thank you!
- Gabriel was very knowledgeable and had great examples.
- good explanation and examples came away with good ideas.
- The music was distracting and made it harder to hear Gabriel. Good intro level info.
- nice job
- Great examples, good delivery. Great job!
- I hope I make the time to explore these.
- Awesome balance, great examples!
- Very helpful presentation & I look forward to trying some of these on my own.
- Lots of great ideas and stuff I can start using now.
- Thanks to @nagmay. Cool examples and great explanations.
- It was just a little fast. I wish he had really dove into just one API, but I could see the value in covering
- Great content and presenter! Hope I can convince the powers that be to let me play with these APIs.
- very nice
- He was friendly and engaging
- great presenter! well spoken, well rehearsed. very informed and informative.
- Great! This has a good good good one!
- Excellent preso – will be very useful back on campus. Well done, great examples with immediate impact on my work.
- Thank you for having all this stuff online & telling us where right away. Fantastic info. I’m inspired. :)
- I’d rate this presentation higher if I could.
- Would like to have more info. on how to incorporate in your site, but I admit I’m in the novice category on
- Excellent content. Very usable and applicable. Instant gratification kind of stuff.
- Makes me very excited again to look at APIs once more.
- thank you!
- OK but seemed to lack a clear focus. Too many jargon slides-need to really get quickly to the meat since there is only 45 min. Suggest publishing presentation for people to consume more of the details.
While I appreciate all the comments, that last one has me a bit confused… The very first thing I did (and always do with presentations) is to point the audience to the online resources. The presentation, links and all the code is, in fact, online.