Tuesday, November 18th, 2014
Just received the audience feedback from my 2014 HighEdWeb presentation and wanted to share. Thanks again to everyone who attended!
I didn’t really have an estimate on how many people attended my initial session, but looking at the numbers it was a packed house. A total of 69 people filled out an evaluation.
The scale for this year’s evaluation was a bit different ( 5 instead of 7 point scale), so I needed to do a bit of conversion to compare to the 2008 and 2011 sessions. Looking at the totals, is seems that people were impressed, but it wasn’t relevant to everyone’s jobs.
|Track (out of 5)||Track (out of 7)||Track (%)|
|Informed||4.93 +/- 0.26||6.90||99%|
|Pace||4.68 +/- 0.50||6.55||94%|
|Visuals||4.61 +/- 0.54||6.46||92%|
|Expectations||4.35 +/- 0.78||6.09||87%|
|Relevant||4.28 +/- 0.79||6.00||86%|
|Recommend||4.74 +/- 0.44||6.63||95%|
These are all unedited:
- You rock!
- Excellent presentation!
- Really good – wish it could have been double the length
- I wanted to sit down and do my own app after this workshop!
- A lot of the coding was over my head, but Gabriel did a good job making the information accessible to folks. I appreciate that he has things online for future use.
- Like the beer analogy
- Awesome *and* fun!
- Thanks for all of the ideas to start things on my end …
- Very knowledgeable and easy to understand.
- Great crash course on how to leverage WordPress for a variety of purposes. I hope you converted a lot of attendees to WP users!
- Fantastic, coming away with alot of new ideas.
- Gabriel is one of the smartest and most practical speakers. Even administrators can enjoy his sessions.
excellent, learned more than I expected too
- Lots of good information.
- Nice app and well-presented. Thanks. Yay beer!
- Very engaging and interesting topic. Came away with some great ideas.
- Fun way to present the information.
- Great relationship between brewing and development in this one. Was very disappointed that event staff were so loud in the back of the room.
- I’m a marketer, so the coding was hard to follow along with, but I love the fun interaction with the beer app. So cool!
- Interesting, useful, and nice integration with beer.
- Great presentation!
- This was my out-of-track session.. .and it was way over my head. But I suspect that for actual techies, it was really great.
- outstanding ideas and walkthrough. Could have used a little more detail on integrating the code into WordPress : show the white file we’re editing, where should we put the code snippets.
- I liked the analogy of beer with word press.
- Speaks very quickly. Maybe a little slower next time.
- engaging presenter and thanks for the donuts